Tuesday, March 18, 2008

if you need a pick-me-up


Just go here to Patry Francis' blog. She reminds me very much of what the sparkpeople group I talk to every day. Each day, we mention five things we're grateful for. And sometimes, the day is so hard that all we can do is say, "I'm grateful just to be alive. I'm grateful that I have people in my life who love me." Her post is wonderful and I'm glad to hear from her.


And a fun link that Kate shared with me that is a really nice site. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie!

Just finished Northanger Abbey (283 pages) and started Persuasion. I really liked Northanger Abbey, which is very witty. Persuasion is very different in tone & a tad more melancholy. I'll be interested in seeing if the notorious Bath chase scene (from the movie) shows up in this one. Somehow, I don't think ladies made mad dashes through Bath on a regular basis, unless they were being chased or offended by people. ;)

Just a theory. After Persuasion, I want to read Gas City by Loren Estleman. More later!


No comments: